South West Indigenous Network exists to ensure that through sport, culture and community, Indigenous Australians can live longer and have a better quality of life.
South West Indigenous Network Inc (SWIN) is a recognised multi-sport organisation which provides leadership, guidance and support to the Indigenous communities of South West Queensland through opportunities in sport, physical activity and recreation.
Since 2001 (not-for-profit incorporated organisation in 2007), SWIN has created a supportive environment for its members around recognition of the unique needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in this region as well as encouraging skill sharing and traditions to benefit all involved.
SWIN has provided the mechanism for Indigenous community members, athletes, administrators and volunteers of the South West around awareness of positive lifestyle selections within improving health, build confidence and achieve their desired level of consistency in regular sport and recreational activity of choice.
Through its community based sport and recreation officers and its members, SWIN has been able to strengthen and encourage physical, mental, cultural, emotional and spiritual aspects of community, individual life, by creating opportunities for success at entry level sport and recreation activities.
- We measure best practice procedures
- We lead by example
- We respect it, follow it and own it
- We have open and honest discussions
- We are politically savvy
- We consult with team, community and share ideas
- We sell our success/successes
- We invest time and resources in all communities we service
- We celebrate success/successes
- We embrace and respect all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families